Minutes

Senior Parent Meeting for the Class of 2022

Project Graduation Parent Meeting

Minutes for 05/06/2021 meeting

In attendance via Zoom Meeting were: (Board Members): Teddy Capeles (Pres), Joan Capeles, Glennis Porter, Kay Steyer, Heather Romanelli, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), (Parents/Grandparents): Heather Shaffer, Martha Egloff, Buny (as shown on zoom id), Reese (as shown on zoom id), Lisa Blem, Karen Dowd, Stacey DePersia, Peg Hetzer, 

Meeting began at 7 p.m.

  1. Treasurer’s Report – Glennis reported on the income and expenses; we have $25851.89 less $5000 for seed money for next year will be just about $20,851.89.  Yard signs have been paid for and they were delivered to Mrs. Slicker.We may have about $5000 to use for prizes. 
  2. Secretary’s Report – Minutes have been posted via email previously. Minutes Approved.
  • President – Teddy – We need to give our head count to the Elks, Chef Doug, by Monday, May 24th.  

Tshirts will be handed out at the Senior Breakfast by Teddy. They will be told to wear it to get in. We’ll give a ‘ticket’ to the event with the details. 

Insurance – We have insurance but we’ll need to get insurance from Vendors. 

RECAP:

 The event is Saturday, May 29th from 11 a.m – 4 p.m.  We’ll have a Food buffet (Sub sandwiches, chicken tenders, wings, fries, pasta) with drinks, desserts, DJ, Photo booth, and Big Games (& maybe small games). Entertainment (surprise). 

Decorate: We need people to blow up balloons and leave there.  Saturday morning can be no earlier than 8 a.m. to start setting up.

Kay is in charge of Volunteers & scheduling them. We can discuss attire for the volunteers.

Parents can donate any drinks/snacks that must remain outside.  We can use water and Gatorade. We’re looking for an ice cream truck. 

A parent offered to loan & set up tents they have to help with shade. 

Meeting adjourned 7:30p.m.

Next Parent meeting: 5/20/21 @7:00p.m. via ZOOM

*******************************************************************************

Minutes 04/22/2021

In attendance via Zoom Meeting were: (Board Members): Teddy Capeles (Pres), Joan Capeles, Glennis Porter, Kay Steyer, Heather Romanelli, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), (Parents/Grandparents): Janie Knight, Amy Friedel, Stacy Depersia, Kim Stefanski, & zoom id as John Conley.  

Meeting began at 7 p.m.

  1. Treasurer’s Report – Glennis reported on the income and expenses; we have $26,840 less $5000 for seed money for next year will be just about $22,340 with the added remaining outstanding checks from last year. Report approved.
  2. Secretary’s Report – Minutes have been posted via email previously. Minutes Approved.
  • President – Teddy – The event is Saturday, May 29th from 11 a.m – 4 p.m.  We’ll have a Food buffet (Sub sandwiches, chicken tenders, wings, fries, pasta) with drinks, desserts, DJ, Photo booth, and Big Games. We will need volunteers to help with setting up chairs and tables, sanitizing stations, sanitize big games, and help pick up. We have up to 5 days before the event to give final head count.

We may also look to see if we can have an ice cream truck in the parking lot but Elks has to approve it first.

Kay will be in charge of Volunteers once we know how many we may need.

We decided a Tshirt for every senior and if they want to come to the event, they have to wear the shirt. We’ll hand them out at Senior breakfast, along with an invitation that gives the place and date & time.

We may just divide up the remaining money to put in each bag and purchase gift cards to give as prize winnings.

We have about a month left, meeting every 2 weeks. May 6th, and the 20th are remaining dates. 

Teddy is asking Mrs. Slicker to ask kids if they know whether they will come or not, just to get a general idea.

Glennis got with Slicker about yard sign orders. She also reached out to Emerson about the Tshirts and gave a number of T-shirts to make.

Meeting adjourned 7:35p.m.

Next Parent meeting: 5/6/21 @7:00p.m. via ZOOM

********************************************************************************

Minutes for 04/08/2021

In attendance via Zoom Meeting were: (Board Members): Teddy Capeles (Pres), Kay Steyer, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), Cindy Weinfeld, (Parents/Grandparents): Janie Knight, Amy Friedel  

Meeting began at 7 p.m.

  1. Treasurer’s Report – Glennis reported on the income and expenses; we have $24,718.63 less $5000 for seed money for next year will be just about $20,000. There are not enough to vote on the report.
  2. Secretary’s Report – Minutes have been posted via email previously. There are not enough to vote on the report.
  • President – Teddy – He spoke to the pastor at the blue roof church (South Gulf Cove). He said he’d be happy to have us but it would have to be outside. 

The Elks is an option and they would do the food/drinks/cleanup. Teddy will find out how much per head for simple hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken. We can have a DJ & big games, and use the inside of the building as well as outside.

We are going to try and get a head count due to limited budget and time, for ordering T-shirts. We will try to set up the online pre-registration and let Mrs. Slicker know.  Glennis is going to reach out to Dawn Hinck to see if she can help with them.

Amy Friedel (parent/grandparent) is willing to help with the yard signs. Glennis will reach out to her when it gets time for sign disbursements.

Teddy went to the Boca Grande Women’s club and they offered to donate as long as we have the event. He’ll let them know the plans once we have them set.

The Hypnotist has asked Teddy, again, if we were going to use him. No definitive answer to give him.

We should be calling Big Games and start working it out. Also talk to DJ.

Discussion of wrist bands for check in.  Joan will look into the cost of them.

Teddy will be talking to the Seniors at one of their last meetings before they graduate and will discuss the basic rules.

He will confirm that Graduation is on May 28th and therefor our event will be the 29th.

Volunteer duties will need to include sanitation between uses.

Mention of a Dunk tank with a teacher or someone that the students would like.

Food Trucks are mentioned if we were to go with the Church, and pizza.

Meeting adjourned 7:38p.m.

Next Parent meeting: 04/22/21 @7:00p.m. via ZOOM

********************************************************************************

Minutes for 03/11/2021

Minutes In attendance via Zoom Meeting were: (Board Members): Teddy Capeles (Pres), Joan Capeles, Kay Steyer, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), Heather Romanelli, Cindy Weinfeld, (Parents): Heather Shaffer, Janie Knight, Jennifer Fazler, Susan Klingshirn (as shown on Zoom id)

Meeting began at 7 p.m.

  1. Treasurer’s Report – Glennis was not present and there wasn’t an updated Treasurer’s report. 
  2. Secretary’s Report – Minutes have been posted via email previously.  Minutes approved.
  • President – Teddy spoke – We need to secure a venue ASAP. If we don’t hear that Gulf Cove Methodist Church can accommodate us, or is willing to have us, by Monday 3/15/21, Teddy will reach out to other places, i.e. bowling alley, Fellowship Church, and any other places in mind. Our concerns are if held at night vs day, and indoor spacing being an issue, our costs may be much higher since we will need lighting, outdoor tent(s), bug control…etc.  Talk of having a day party will eliminate many of those issues.  Also, it is believed that the Commencement will be held at the Charlotte Stadium. If that is the case, the idea of having the party following is also a topic of discussion due to the fact that it would be very late by the time the Seniors started getting to the Venue – many go home to visit with out-of-town family & guests, change clothes, take pictures…which leads to late entrance to any venue.  One of the parents inquired about the building across the street from the Stadium. Teddy reminded us that we would need extra security and something like that may be too large & too costly for us, as well as our vendors, sponsors, and volunteers would not want to drive that far.

Teddy said the Hypnotist reached out to him if we were going to use him this year.  Since we don’t have concrete plans yet, he told told him we’ll get back when we know more.

Recent Fundraisers– Kay spoke about March Madness and that we raised approx. $4300. The daily drawings are continuing until the last day of March but no more money collection. 

She also attended the Casino Night that was put on by Tiffany Square Bingo, to benefit LBHS Project Graduation, and said it seemed like it went very well, but she doesn’t know how much was raised – they will present a check to us soon.

McLaughlins on Boca Grande had their sale and we had some volunteers there, who weren’t present at this meeting. We don’t know if any donations have been received at this time.

The Boca Grande Women’s Club has donated to LBHS Project Graduation in the past.  Teddy will be doing a presentation on behalf of LBHS Project Graduation, later to be determined if we receive a donation. 

  1.  Future Fundraisers – Kay spoke to End Zone and they said we can still hold a Celebrity Fundraiser Night.

Meeting adjourned 7:31p.m.

Next Parent meeting: 04/08/21 @7:00p.m. via ZOOM

************************************************************************************

Minutes for 03/11/2021 Meeting

In attendance via Zoom Meeting were: (Board Members): Teddy Capeles (Pres), Joan Capeles, Kay Steyer, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), Heather Romanelli, Cindy Weinfeld, (Parents): Heather Shaffer, Janie Knight, Jennifer Fazler, Susan Klingshirn (as shown on Zoom id)

Meeting began at 7 p.m.

  1. Treasurer’s Report – Glennis was not present and there wasn’t an updated Treasurer’s report. 
  2. Secretary’s Report – Minutes have been posted via email previously.  Minutes approved.
  • President – Teddy spoke – We need to secure a venue ASAP. If we don’t hear that Gulf Cove Methodist Church can accommodate us, or is willing to have us, by Monday 3/15/21, Teddy will reach out to other places, i.e. bowling alley, Fellowship Church, and any other places in mind. Our concerns are if held at night vs day, and indoor spacing being an issue, our costs may be much higher since we will need lighting, outdoor tent(s), bug control…etc.  Talk of having a day party will eliminate many of those issues.  Also, it is believed that the Commencement will be held at the Charlotte Stadium. If that is the case, the idea of having the party following is also a topic of discussion due to the fact that it would be very late by the time the Seniors started getting to the Venue – many go home to visit with out-of-town family & guests, change clothes, take pictures…which leads to late entrance to any venue.  One of the parents inquired about the building across the street from the Stadium. Teddy reminded us that we would need extra security and something like that may be too large & too costly for us, as well as our vendors, sponsors, and volunteers would not want to drive that far.

Teddy said the Hypnotist reached out to him if we were going to use him this year.  Since we don’t have concrete plans yet, he told told him we’ll get back when we know more.

  • Recent Fundraisers– Kay spoke about March Madness and that we raised approx. $4300. The daily drawings are continuing until the last day of March but no more money collection. 

She also attended the Casino Night that was put on by Tiffany Square Bingo, to benefit LBHS Project Graduation, and said it seemed like it went very well, but she doesn’t know how much was raised – they will present a check to us soon.

McLaughlins on Boca Grande had their sale and we had some volunteers there, who weren’t present at this meeting. We don’t know if any donations have been received at this time.

The Boca Grande Women’s Club has donated to LBHS Project Graduation in the past.  Teddy will be doing a presentation on behalf of LBHS Project Graduation, later to be determined if we receive a donation. 

  1.  Future Fundraisers – Kay spoke to End Zone and they said we can still hold a Celebrity Fundraiser Night.

Meeting adjourned 7:31p.m.

Next Parent meeting: 04/08/21 @7:00p.m. via ZOOM

************************************************************************************Minutes for 02/11/2021 Meeting

In attendance via Zoom Meeting were: (Board Members): Teddy Capeles (Pres), Glennis Porter (Treasurer), Kay Steyer, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), Heather Romanelli, (Parents): Heather Shaffer hshaffer5@yahoo.com; Angie Goodman angiegoodman@ymail.com;  Jennifer Randazzo jdr0455@gmail.com 

Meeting began at 7 p.m.

  1. Treasurer’s Report – Glennis – Since last meeting, deposited donation of $1000, misc donation of $12 cash, Avon fundraiser brought $21.85, Quarter Auction brought $693.97, expenses were Constant Contact and Zoom. Current balance in Bank $5791.38 before adding the uncashed checks from last year in the amount of $1380 (which shouldn’t even be valid anymore but Glennis will wait until March to be certain).  Report approved by all. 
  2. Secretary’s Report – Minutes have been posted via email previously.  Minutes approved.
  • President – Teddy spoke – the church that usually hosts the event for the seniors has said they won’t be able to this year.  Teddy will reach out to Alfred Current who spoke to them at the Chamber Expo, about the Gulf Cove Methodist Church maybe being able to host it. Our goal is to lock a location. 
  • Fundraiser discussions – Kay spoke to the group. WE NEED PARENTS TO SELL TICKETS FOR THE MARCH MADNESS. We must sell and receive ALL MONEY AND TICKETS BY THE LAST DAY OF FEBRUARY. If parents want to sell, they can pick up at Cindy’s office, or get in touch with Kay.  Tickets are $10 each.  The ticket goes back in even if it’s drawn. 

McLaughlins on Boca Grande is having a bunch of sales and they are donating a percentage to us.  We need volunteers from 12-2 Saturday, 02/20/21, to wrap and collect donations.

Casino Night – Tiffany Square Bingo is going to have a Casino night March 6 to donate to PG.  Tickets are $25/3 drinks/dinner and chips to play tables/ coins to play machines.  We’ll need to sell those tickets too.

Meeting adjourned 7:38p.m.

Next Parent meeting: 03/11/21 @7:00p.m. via ZOOM

********************************************************************************

Minutes for 1/7/2021 Meeting
 
In attendance via Zoom Meeting were: Teddy Capeles (Pres.), Joan Capeles, Glennis Porter (Treasurer), Kay Steyer, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), Linda Vodopija, Jennifer Fazler, Heather Romanelli, Anja Sutcliffe, Liana Neumeyer
 
1. Treasurer’s Report – Glennis / Current balance in Bank $4319.27.
$1500 of that is still outstanding checks made to Seniors of 2020. They will be added
back in this month since they are expired. Report approved.
 
2. Secretary’s Report – report approved.
 
  • Fundraiser discussions – Kay reported on the Quarter Auction – it’s still on for January 27th, 2021. Doors will open at 6, it starts promptly at 7pm at the Rotonda American Legion. 18 and over only. We are asking for donations of unopened bottles of booze to make a basket to raffle off. We usually do a 50/50 as well.
  • Manta Market – Mrs. Slicker is going to see if we can get a booth in one or more of them
  • coming up. She is not at this meeting, so we’ll see what is said next meeting.
  • Chamber Charities Expo – Teddy and Kay represented LBHS Project Graduation today at the expo. They made good connections for future donations even if we are not chosen as a recipient this year.
  • Gift Card Drawing – We need to take on the project of asking businesses for gift certificates this month, so we can sell chance to win tickets in February, and do the dailydrawings in March – calling it ‘21 days of March Madness’ or something to drawattraction. Reach out to Kay to coordinate so she doesn’t ask the same businesses. It issuggested to do a ‘live’ drawing to get people excited but exactly how is not finalized yet.
  • We also discussed whether we stop sales at a certain time or keep taking them. Also making a calendar for the items we get so it’s planned out for the drawings.
  • Business Letters will be going out after Glennis finishes and approval is made.
New Business
Teddy discussed about volunteers for this year. Things will be different and we will need
to accommodate our volunteers accordingly.
 
As always, any questions PLEASE email projgradlbhs@yahoo.com. Or for information on
meetings, go to the high school website www.lemonbayhigh.com, and on right side, find
“Project Graduation” which takes you to our web page.
Meeting adjourned 7:30
Next meeting 2/11/20

************************************************************************************

Minutes for 12/03/2020 Meeting

In attendance via Zoom Meeting were: Teddy Capeles (Pres.), Joan Capeles, Cindy Weinfeld, Glennis Porter (Treasurer), Kay Steyer, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), Melissa Slicker, Elizabeth Lamberson, Rob & Debbie Ward, Susan?, Jennifer Haranda, William Bishop, Linda Vodopija, Desiree?, Jennifer Fazler, Karen Down

  1. Treasurer’s Report – Glennis (see report attached) Current balance in Bank $4541.46. $1560 of that is still outstanding checks made to Seniors of 2020.  They will have until January of 2021 to cash them.  Once they expire, they will not be reissued. Report approved. 
  2. Secretary’s Report – report approved.
  • Fundraiser discussions – Kay reported on the Quarter Auction – it’s still on January 21, 2021 as long as it’s not closed down due to Covid-19. 

Other suggestions were: Auction a Golf Cart – $25/ticket; only sell 300 tickets which covers cost of a golf cart leaving approx. a couple to few thousand dollars raised.

Collect donated gift cards/certificates (min. value $25) from businesses and have a Gift Card daily raffle until the cards are all won. Charge $20/raffle ticket and they will have multiple times to win. We will start gathering and shoot for 28 to do for the whole month of February. It’s best to report who is asking which business(es) so they’re not duplicated.

The Avon share will be going on soon. We’ll know by next meeting how much we’ve made.

Amazon Smile – when ordering from https://smile.amazon.com/, you select the Lemon Bay High School Project Graduation Inc in Englewood, Fl. From then on, a small percentage of your purchases go to us.

As always, any questions PLEASE email projgradLBHS@yahoo.com. Or for information on meetings, go to the high school website (www.lemonbayhigh.com), and on right side, find “Project Graduation” which takes you to our web page.

Meeting adjourned 7:25

Next meeting 1/7/2021 via Zoom

*****************************************************************************

Minutes for 11/12/2020 Meeting

In attendance via Zoom Meeting were: (Board Members): Teddy Capeles (Pres.), Joan Capeles, Cindy Weinfeld, Glennis Porter (Treasurer), Kay Steyer, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), Heather Romanelli, (Parents): Janie Knight, Lauren Beavers, Liana Neumeyer

  • Treasurer’s Report – Glennis (see report attached) Current balance in Bank $4716.46. $1620 of that is still outstanding checks made to Seniors of 2020.  They will have until January of 2021 to cash them.  Once they expire, they will not be reissued. Report approved by all. 
  • President – Teddy spoke, due to these pandemic times, the party night in May 2021, is not certain yet. We will continue to try and raise money for that night.  The meetings will continue online via Zoom until further notice. The meetings are usually held the 2nd Thursday of every month at 7pm. Please share the meeting info from Facebook posts (“LBHS Project Graduation”), or feel free to email projgradlbhs@yahoo.com with your email to get notified.
  • Fundraiser discussions – Kay reported that the American Legion post#113 in Rotonda will have a Quarter Auction January 27th, 2021 for us.  We usually have a 50/50 raffle, another nice prize raffle, & 3 auction item baskets. She is looking into a raffle item, Gift Tree, like we did prior.  We have dontated gift cards that hang from the branches of a (Lemon) tree.  Liana N. offered to donate a couple car wash donations from Englewood Car Wash and a Salon certificate.   

Kay also mentioned that we can do another Avon fundraiser.  She’ll provide the link from the Avon lady, Lacee Poston Brown.  It’s an online fundraiser for 4 weeks and she donates proceeds from orders; anyone can order from it as long as it’s through the link provided. 

Lauren B mentioned she has a ‘Pampered Chef’ friend that says we can do a fundraiser through her.  She donates 25% of her commissions to LBHS Project Grad.  She will check into it and get back so we can try to get this started before Christmas.

We have an ongoing fundraiser through Amazon Smile.  Go to https://smile.amazon.com. From the menu select “AmazonSmile”, search for “Lemon Bay High School Project Graduation Inc”. Once you see it, “Select” it. It should confirm your choice.  Every time you order from Amazon, you will have to type “smile.amazon.com” in the address line, which will start at that page and will auto calculate the donation amount. 

Kay spoke to Lori at Ricaltini’s and she’s up for anything as far as planning an evening to have a percentage of meal bills, donated to us. We will let her know further, probably after the first of the year.    

  • General Discussion: We are being cautious and have to always remember liability issues when planning the Project Graduation Night event.  We’re following the School and County guidelines so far.  We are still in discussion IF the Graduating Class of 2021 is shut down, do we find an alternative venue to have some sort of party.  A parent’s response was they would like to see something happen still, especially if they can’t have a graduation.  The two other parents agreed.  They want their kids to have some sort of finality and suggested ‘covid-19 waivers’ for liability purposes.   This will be an ongoing discussion WITH the Parents at the meetings.  

Glennis will reach out to Key Agency to see if the venue is changed to a different location, will this affect our current insurance liability and cost.  

Meeting adjourned 7:50p.m.

Next Parent meeting: 12/03/20 @7:00p.m. via ZOOM

***************************************************************************

Minutes for 10/29/2020 Meeting

In attendance via Zoom Meeting 10/29/2020 were:

(Board Members): Teddy Capeles (Pres.), Joan Capeles, Cindy Weinfeld, Glennis Porter (Treasurer), Kay Steyer, Lisa Wilson (Secretary), Heather Romanelli,

(Parents): Stacey DePersia, Sabrina, Janie, Wes

  • Treasurer’s Report – Current balance in Bank $4807.32. Approved by all. 
  • President – Teddy spoke, due to these pandemic times, the party night in May 2021, is not certain yet. We will continue to try and raise money for that night.  The meetings will continue online via Zoom until further notice. The meetings are usually held the 2nd Thursday of every month at 7pm. Please share the meeting info from Facebook posts (“LBHS Project Graduation”), or feel free to email projgradlbhs@yahoo.com with your email to get notified.

Fundraiser discussions – Kay says she’ll check if the Legion is open for future Quarter Auctions.

Wes will check into the Applebee’s Pancake breakfast fundraiser as far as dates perhaps in February 2021. Janie brought up speaking with local restaurants. Wes says he’ll see if Farlows would do something like that – donating a percentage of the meal to Project Graduation. In conversation, we came up with an idea like “Lets Eat Englewood”. Kay will speak to a couple restaurants to see if they would participate in something like this.

We have not sent the local businesses the solicitation letter yet, giving them time to recuperate from Covid-19 revenue losses. We’ll wait until the first of the new year to send them out.

Meeting adjourned 8p.m.