We hope that everyone is well, healthy and safe.
Since the decision was made/announced Saturday 04/18/2020 by the School District, we want to update and clear up any questions that may be out there. We thank everyone for their patience during this difficult time. We were waiting for this decision in order to move forward.
(1) First the question about yard signs. Every senior will receive a lawn sign as a gift. (They will not be personalized.) This is possible thanks to the partnership with the Chamber and LBHS. Distribution will be determined at a later time when the order is ready. Additional signs may be purchased if anyone is interested. The link can be found on our website. The signs are $8.50 for plain and $11.50 for personalized. There is no limit on how many you may purchase. The deadline is May 1st for all orders and payments.
(2) In regards to the question why the event will not be rescheduled for a later date. As stated previously, our event is solely funded by fundraisers, local business donations (both monetary and food). Due to the unexpected circumstances and hardships our community has endured, they are unable to donate as they have in the past. Also a lot of those same suffering businesses, despite their hardships, have given unselfishly to our Medical Community and First Responders. As far as our fundraisers, due to lack of participation and volunteers, our gain from the fundraisers we were able to do (Quarter Auction, Applebee’s Breakfast, Chili’s Night Out, Lottery Raffle) was minimal. The Christmas Tree Stand is usually our most profitable yearly fundraiser but it only made only roughly 30% of what it normally does and trees even had to be discarded. Which also counts as a loss. At our previous monthly parent meetings, all these items and figures were discussed.
(3) At this time, in lieu of the party, we are coordinating with LBHS and other community organizations to celebrate and honor our seniors together as a community. Your children, our seniors, have by no means been forgotten. Volunteers and administrators have been working hard either by email, virtual meetings etc to make this year memorable despite the COVID-19 pandemic. We are currently waiting for decisions from our Governor, School board etc. to know what the guidelines will be, so we are able to plan accordingly. As soon as things are planned and finalized we will once again inform everyone.
We thank everyone for their patience. We know that the unknown is frustrating and time seems to be going so slow sitting at home, but know that we are working tirelessly for our Lemon Bay High School 2020 Seniors.
Good Evening Senior Parents,
Hope everyone is staying well and healthy during this time. We wanted to update you about the yard sign. The Englewood Chamber of Commerce has contacted Project Graduation with the thought of gifting every Senior Family with a Yard Sign. We are currently in the process of finalizing all the details. Any checks previously sent will be destroyed, so new orders must be place due to reduction in price. We have teamed up as we always do with a local business. Current price will be $11.50.
We have arranged a registration link you can find on our web page under Helpful Links.
Please fill out this information for your sign and for placing additional orders. This will allow for us to have a better track of Seniors. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hsY1gVZ2fJxbIxwrbr6W8RMIUnnk-MpVvnq0PiUGN2c/edit
Then you can make your payment through Zelle or Mail us a new check for the additional sign you are interested in purchasing. Orders and payments MUST be turned in by May 1, 2020. Let’s show Class of 2020 Seniors our Support.
Pick up information will be finalized soon and announced at a later time. Please share this information with all Senior Parents.
Have a Blessed Week.
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, it is with great disappointment that we have to officially cancel the Project Graduation Celebration 2020. The Board and Parent Chairs have met and came to this difficult decision. Apart from the obvious reasons we are currently going through, the amount of people aloud to gather etc. Our donations primarily come from our very generous and thoughtful local businesses. They are currently going through great hardships because of this difficult time. Due to these different variables we are forced to cancel the event. At this time, we as a Board are brainstorming ideas around for our 2020 LBHS Seniors to be recognized. As far as the questions about yard signs, we have one designed that was voted at a previous parent meeting. We do this every year for purchase. They are still available. Please if you are interested in purchasing signs, please send an email or message us on Facebook. Delivery is normally the week of Graduation. We will post further information as decisions are made. The seniors will still be receiving a gift from Project Graduation. Being an LBHS alumni myself and our board members either being alumni or parents of alumni, take great pride and honor in putting this event on for our Graduating Seniors every year. We as a board and I personally feel that we truly have to do something to honor our Seniors. At the same time making sure we are following the proper social distancing and health safety guidelines for them and their families. I believe there is power in numbers and together we could do something outstanding for them….We are currently setting up a zoom parent meeting to present plans etc. We encourage you to like our official Facebook page LBHS Project Graduation. Please make sure you send us or update your email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a difficult time for everyone in our community at all different levels and together we can get through it. We will make sure our LBHS Class of 2020 Seniors are honored.
Take care….Stay well….Stay healthy
We hope that everyone is healthy and well during this difficult time. We wanted to advise that as of this date, meetings and decorating events are all still postponed until further notice. We follow the guidelines of the school and school board. Everyone’s safety and well being is the first and most important concern. It is a difficult time for our seniors and families and we hope that everything goes back to normal soon. Please fell free to reach out with any questions/concerns. Stay safe and healthy. For any future updates, please follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/LBHSProjectGraduation
Please take a moment to read over the details before Project Graduation Night!
We are currently receiving volunteer applications for the Night Of. Make sure you stop by one of our meetings hosted at the Media Room – LBHS scheduled for 4/29 and 5/9 at 7pm. The last week before the main event, please stop by the United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall at 700 E Dearborn St, Englewood, our volunteers will be there from 10 am to 8pm.
Parent Letter & Yard Signs!
Information sheet for parent letter – spring 2019
PG 19 Rules to students-memory board 2 pages (1)
Here we are… countdown to Graduation Day! (May 24,2019) Let’s make sure your graduate gets recognized by his/her loved ones and what better way to make a public announcement right in front of your homes!
2019 yard sign fundraiser
parent letter spring 2019
Our Next Meeting will be on Thursday, February 21st and it will be held at the Englewood United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall. We will be starting promptly at 7pm.
You will have the opportunity to view the size of the Fellowship Hall. Understand the magnitude of the areas that need to be decorated and have an overview of the location of the various activities happening the night of the event. We will be discussing various items that need to be decided on ASAP. i.e. games, committees etc. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
All Meetings Are Held
Lemon Bay High School
Media Center @ 7:00 PM
(Enter through the side doors by the tennis courts)
September 13, 2018
October 11, 2018
November 8, 2018
December 13, 2018
January 10, 2019
February 21, 2019
March 14, 2019
March 28, 2019
April 11, 2019
April 25, 2019
May 9, 2019
Project Graduation May 24th, 2019
Please No Students after November 2018
Lemon Bay High School Families and Friends,
- Our last 2 meetings …. Thursday, April 26 at 7pm in Room 119 at LBHS. The last meeting is Thursday May 10 at 7pm in Room 119 at Lemon Bay High School.
2. We need parent and student volunteers on Sunday May 13th at 2pm for about 1 hour to help move tables and chairs at the EUMC Fellowship Hall.
3. We are in need of parent Volunteers to help with set-up the week of May 14-18th between the hours of 9am – 8pm at the Englewood United Methodist Church. Underclass parents, senior parents and community members are welcome!
Need more volunteers for the night of the event!! Email us to ask how you can help!
4. If you have not sold your Escape to Paradise Raffle Tickets, please bring them back to the meeting on April 26th as we have other people who might be able to sell them. Please turn in any money you have collected so far at this meeting. If you want to purchase a ticket for $10, email us at email@example.com
Bobbi Fogo & Dawn Hinck